Saturday, March 17, 2012

Riding Solo

I finally broke down and let Griffin take my car and 1 of my other children out for a drive- SOLO!
No adults in the car reminding him of speed limits, cars in the other lane, STOP signs and other hazards on the road. I have to admit I felt a little sick to my stomach turning the keys and responsibilities of driving over to my eldest child but I knew I had to take the leap of faith at some point so I "bite" the proverbial bullet and let him go. HARD- it was HARD watching him drive away knowing that this is just another step toward him being more independent and needing me less and less. Another step toward him making decisions- important decisions- on his own. I hope I have given him the tools he needs to make good decisions because if he doesn't you know who they are going to blame- ME- because it always comes back to the mother!

IMG_7789

Griffin on his first SOLO drive with Carson as co-pilot

No comments: