Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back To School Blues

There's 104 Days of Summer Vacation
Then School comes along just to end it!
(from Phinneas and Ferb)

Well, school has come along for us. Today was the BIG day. I think most of the kids were ready and I know it feels good to be back on a "regular" (although INSANE) schedule. I am anxiously awaiting their arrival home to hear about their days. I had 2 girls starting new schools this year. Carson starting high school and Reese starting middle school. One was very anxious, wringing her hands in nervous anticipation, the other, cool as a cucumber with not a care in the world. I'll let you figure out which one was a basket case and which one was unfazed. It was also the last, first day for Griffin under our roof- don't even get me started on that. He was totally ready to get his senior year underway- me- not so ready!!! Hadley is also starting her last year in elementary school. How is that possible? She is totally psyched because all of her BFF's are in her class (boy do I feel sorry for her teacher)! Brett is starting 2nd grade and just goes along for the ride. He was most looking forward to recess so he could continue his domination on the hoop court. I hope all had a GREAT day and there isn't any drama to start the year. I will be busy tonight filling out the millions of papers that will fly in here starting at 3:00. I think I better rest my hand for later.













No comments: