Friday, January 7, 2011

Sweet 16!!!

Griffin @ home with Mom and Bert January 1995


IMG_9123

Griffin and Mom   January 2011

Is it possible? My first baby is 16 years old! I know it is exciting to him but I am not really excited about it to be quite honest. Not only does it mean he will be leaving the nest in a few short years but it also means that I am OLD! 

Here are 16 things I want to remember about Griffin at 16:

1. That he will still hang out with me and watch ball
2. His undying love for DUKE basketball
3. His sense of humor
4. His ability to excel at his sports
5. His continued success at school
6. His ability to relate and make friends with all types of people
7. His completely DUKE blue wardrobe
8. His "need" to get the latest athletic gear
9. How he messes around with his brothers and sisters- especially Whit (always telling Whit what a "beast" he is)
10. How "clutch" he thinks he is when it comes to pulling out a good grade when needed
11. His ability to text 100+ words a minute and completely tune out the whole world if he is texting
12. His love of Gamecock Football even it means a lifetime of "heartbreak and despair" (his own words when describing what it is like to be a Gamecock fan)
13.His unending knowledge of all that is SPORTS- stats, names,plays etc.- now if we could just apply that ability to all things academic (ha-ha) JK (Just kidding) for those of you who are not so hip!
14. His lack of desire to drive- fine with me because than I don't have to worry or get him a car!
15. That he prefers to sleep on the floor
16. That he is and always will be my first "baby" no matter how tall or old he gets!

I love you Griffin and hope you have a most excellent 16th birthday!












2 comments:

Marilouise said...

I think I met you for the first time when Griffin was just a few months old...Happy 16th, Griffin!

Kalyn said...

snazzy top there, kel!