Friday, February 3, 2012

Damn You Punksatony Phil!!!

IMG_7094

IMG_7100

IMG_7099

We saw our shadows, too! BUMMER! Although, I can handle 6 more weeks of winter if it stays like this. But, I digress. It seems from my last few posts I have become OBSESSED with the weather so I will talk about it no further. Instead I will relate my life to GROUNDHOG'S DAY- the movie, not the weather forecasting rodent. It seems that I am living that movie. My life consists of the same thing day after day after day:

wake up, empty dishwasher, laundry, get kids up, feed them breakfast, "encourage" them to get dressed, brush teeth, comb hair, put on shoes, pack bags, get in car, drop said kids at various schools, come home, clean up dishes, exercise, more laundry, vacuum, clean what is MOST dirty, clean up messes little guys have made while I have been cleaning somewhere else, "encourage" little guys to get dressed, brush teeth, comb hair, go outside to play, swing, play in sand, collect sticks, walk around court in wagon, do chalk, make forts, pretend to be cowboys, collect more sticks (I think we are going to have a massive bonfire one of these days), jump on trampoline, throw ALL of the balls down the hill, collect all of the balls, "encourage" little guys to come in to eat lunch, feed them lunch, clean up from lunch, nap time for Murphy if we are lucky, Whit watches a show, I run around trying to finish something before the first wave returns from school, first bus arrives, "encourage" kids to do homework, "encourage" some more, get snacks, clean up snacks, second bus arrives, more "encouraging", more snacks, more cleaning up, break up a few quarrels, try to keep track of who is where as my house becomes a cacophony of slamming doors, cries for assistance, feet running up and down and up and down the stairs, phones ringing, requests for playmates, questions to homework problems, complaints about a lack of snack choices, more phones ringing with requests for rides home from practice, struggle to get wild beasts in carseats to pick up the other members of the pack, get home and try to assemble some sort of nourishment while keeping track of little people running amuck inside and out, throw food at beasts, "encourage" said beasts to get ready for practices, a continued cacophony of "where are my cleats, my gray shirt, my black shorts, can you fix my hair....., back in the car for another round of driving in circles, back home to "encourage" those NOT at practice to get clean- yes, please use soap and remember to use a towel to dry off before you run through the house creating puddles and a very slippery floor, "encourage" those at home to get in pj's- yes, please wear underwear, give them a "last" snack, clean up snack, wrestle them back in car for another circle around town to collect wandering pack members, get home, "encourage" more showers- using soap and towels, more snacks, more cleaning, stories for some, computer or tv for others, "encourage" teeth brushing, getting in bed and lights out, start dishes, finish laundry, "encourage" myself to get clean, pj's on, brush teeth, but instead I usually collapse in a heap and realize I get to do this ALL over again in 8 SHORT hours!!!

I realize this was the MOTHER of all run-on sentences but that is how my day(s) feel. One task after another with no end in sight. At least it all ended for Bill Murray in 2 hours- if only I could be so lucky!!!

No comments: