Thursday, May 19, 2011

It's Official......

I AM OLD!!!

Today I am 40!!!
I don't really get caught up in the number but it just sounds old!
(No offense to anyone who is over 40)

By 40 I feel like I should have done a lot more because lets face it- I am halfway through life.
Where is my high powered career?
Where is my 6 figure income?
Where are my souvenirs from my travels around the world?
Where is my summer vacation home? My boat? My fine automobile?
My plastic "enhancements" and Botox?

Oh Yeah! I forgot (remember I am old) I traded all that for:

A loving, hardworking (sometimes pain in the A#@) husband
7 wonderful (sometimes) & healthy kids
2 crazy MUTTS
A comfortable, albeit chaotic home
A fine "MOM MOBILE" (minivan for those who don't know)
wrinkles but thankfully no stretch marks
and lots of laughter and happiness!

I am a Lucky OLD Woman!


BTW- That is me some 40 years ago!

No comments: