Friday, December 4, 2009

Advent Day 1- Hot cocoa under the icicle lights

Hadley

Brett

Carson and Reese

The Advent Calendar

Ok, so I had this great idea to do an activity Advent calendar for the kids this year. Each day they open an envelope and there is some sort-of activity or craft to do on that day. The 1st night was hanging icicle lights on the back porch and having hot cocoa outside. The kids seemed to enjoy it and wanted to stay out long after their cocoa was gone. I finally got them to bed at 9:30 and crashed because everyone knows that 9:30 is way past my bedtime! So, one day of advent down, 23 to go!

1 comment:

Marilouise said...

Hi Kelly,
It's Marilouise...hope you remember who I am :)
I am loving reading your blog! I can't believe how big all the kids are...they are all adorable! You are an amazing mom!
Anyway, I love this Advent idea! I just may steal it for next year...